Crombie Lockwood means Crombie Lockwood (NZ) Limited and its affiliates or subsidiaries, including Monument Insurance (NZ) Limited and Offshore Market Placement Limited.
Insurance Services means the insurance brokerage services provided by Crombie Lockwood.
Liability means any direct or indirect loss, damage, cost, charge, claim, demand, expense, judgment, action, proceeding or other liability whatsoever (including, without limitation in respect of taxes, duties, levies, imposts, penalties and other charges) whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise.
Marks means trademarks, service marks, and trade names.
Personal Information means the information about an individual which identifies or is capable of identifying that individual, including but not limited to, names, addresses, email and other contacts, employment, claims, or criminal history.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- "you" and "your" refer to any party accessing the Crombie Lockwood Websites;
- a reference to a "person" includes an individual, firm, company, corporation or unincorporated body of persons, in each case whether or not having separate legal personality, and a reference to a "company" includes a person; and
- a reference to a statute or other law includes regulations and other instruments under it and consolidations, amendments, re-enactments or replacements of any term.
In order to provide services to you, you may be required to provide Crombie Lockwood with Personal Information (and in relation to the regulation of Personal Information relating to health, the Health Information Privacy Code 1994 also applies). Crombie Lockwood may collect and hold Personal Information about you whenever you interact with Crombie Lockwood or when you access or use a Crombie Lockwood Website.
The Privacy Act 1993 regulates the way organisations such as Crombie Lockwood collect, use, protect and disclose Personal Information. Crombie Lockwood is committed to safeguarding your privacy and the confidentiality of your Personal Information.Crombie Lockwood collects only that Personal Information necessary for Crombie Lockwood to provide you with the services you require, including, but not limited to, assessing and managing your insurance application or policy, and any claim you may make.
You do not have to provide Crombie Lockwood with any Personal Information. However, in that case, Crombie Lockwood may not be able to process your application for insurance cover, process your claim or accept your application for employment with Crombie Lockwood.
Purposes for which Crombie Lockwood may use and disclose Personal Information
Crombie Lockwood uses your Personal Information primarily for purposes for which Crombie Lockwood has collected it, which may include but are not limited to:
- processing your application for insurance cover;
- verifying the information you have provided;
- enabling you to obtain a quotation for and purchase insurance cover from an insurer online using a Crombie Lockwood Website;
- employment; and
Crombie Lockwood may use and/or disclose your Personal Information for a secondary purpose if that secondary purpose is directly related to the purpose of collection. For example, Personal Information may be disclosed to other service providers of Crombie Lockwood, including, but not limited to insurers, lawyers, assessors, loss adjusters, investigators and health service providers.
Crombie Lockwood may also disclose your Personal Information:
- if Crombie Lockwood are directed to do so by government authorities including, but not limited to the police, or Inland Revenue Department, or in order to comply with the law or any statutory request;
- to a third party if you have given Crombie Lockwood express and/or inferred consent or authorisation to do so; and/or
- to a third party such as marketing or research agencies.
Where Personal Information is used for research or product development or marketing purposes, Crombie Lockwood will ensure that the information does not identify an individual.
Additionally, where you have procured service from Crombie Lockwood, Crombie Lockwood, or its authorised agent, may disclose your Personal Information to:
- any person authorised by you;
- a financier whose name appears on your policy (for the purpose of confirming the currency of your policy or to confirm if the financier has a current interest);
- an insurer who is providing your insurance (for the purpose of confirming your personal and insurance details, and providing and administering your insurance policy including any claims made under the insurance policy);
- another person named as a co-insured on your policy (for the purpose of confirming if full disclosure has been made to Crombie Lockwood);
- an organisation who provides you with banking facilities (for the purpose of confirming payments made by you to Crombie Lockwood);
- an airline, medical practitioner, treating doctor or emergency assistance provider (to establish your medical status and fitness to travel);
- a dispute resolution organisation (for the purpose of resolving disputes between Crombie Lockwood and you or between Crombie Lockwood and a third party);
- a family member, in the case of a medical emergency;
- a related company or agent that provide, computer hosting and support services;
- a mailing house, records management company or technology service provider (for printing, emailing and/or delivery of mail, including secure storage and management of Crombie Lockwood's records);
- Crombie Lockwood and their related entities, so that Crombie Lockwood and their related entities may offer you other products and services by email or other types of marketing. You may opt out of receiving such emails or other types of marketing by informing Crombie Lockwood by email or telephone that you do not wish to receive such offers. This work may be carried about by marketing agencies.
- a company to conduct surveys or research on Crombie Lockwood's behalf for the purposes of improved customer services and/or;
- an insurance reference bureau (to record any claims you make upon an insurance policy purchased through Crombie Lockwood).
Further, in the event of a claim, Crombie Lockwood or a Crombie Lockwood authorised agent may disclose your Personal Information:
- to a repairer or supplier (for the purpose of repairing or replacing your insured items);
- to an investigator, assessor, State or Federal authority, medical practitioner, hospital or other professional adviser (for the purpose of investigation or assessing your claim);
- a lawyer or recovery agent (for the purpose of defending an action by a third party against you or recovering Crombie Lockwood's costs including your excess); and/or
- to another party in a claim (for the purpose of obtaining a statement from them or seeking recovery from them or to defend an action by a third party).
Personal Information about you may also be sought and obtained by Crombie Lockwood from the above people or organisations, and you authorise Crombie Lockwood to obtain Personal Information from these sources.
Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access and correct your Personal Information.
In accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 Crombie Lockwood will:
- Provide Crombie Lockwood dispute resolution procedures to you, should you wish to complain about how Crombie Lockwood handle your Personal Information.
Crombie Lockwood's aim is to have accurate and up-to-date information. When you receive policy schedules, renewal notices or other documents from Crombie Lockwood, you should contact Crombie Lockwood if you consider the information is not correct. Where reasonably possible and appropriate, Crombie Lockwood will correct the information on Crombie Lockwood's systems or held on file, or note your request to correct the information on our systems or files.
If you have a complaint or want more information about how Crombie Lockwood are managing your Personal Information, please contact the Privacy Officer. For security reasons, any request for details of Personal Information held by Crombie Lockwood must be made in writing.
New Zealand law applies
Other important information
Payment by credit card
Crombie Lockwood (NZ) Limited, contact:
The Privacy Officer / Legal Team Crombie Lockwood
Level 22, Crombie Lockwood Tower
191 Queen Street
Phone: +64 9 358 2258