Insurance for the construction industry
Construction is a particularly complex business. Large construction projects offer significant opportunities as well as a multitude of business, operational and event risks. The right construction insurance can make the difference between making a profit or losing money. We help you get the right insurance cover by assessing your specific needs and the risks associated with each construction project and contracting operation.
Who needs construction insurance?
Whether you are a multinational company or a local contractor, our 40 years’ experience in construction and engineering, and our proven success on large-scale projects, is relevant to your business. We understand your organisation’s risk exposures.
We work with owners and contractors on an annual and single project basis. We operate across sectors and work with:
- property developers
- the mining industry
- commercial construction firms
- civil engineering contractors
- expert tradespeople
We’re there at all key stages of the construction project to provide our support and expertise. From planning to successful operational completion, we provide risk analysis and mitigation advice.
Construction insurance specialists
Our broking team has extensive experience in construction industry insurance. We also draw on the expertise of other Crombie Lockwood specialists including environmental, professional indemnity, real estate, and credit and surety, ensuring you receive the most suitable insurance cover possible for your business.
We work closely with estimating and legal teams, credit providers, contractors and the insurance market on your behalf to deliver a comprehensive and effective risk management and insurance programme.
Construction insurance from Crombie Lockwood means:
- Support throughout the construction lifecycle
- Policies available on an annual and single basis
- 40 years’ experience in construction across New Zealand
- International insurance partners for unique, needs-based insurance solutions
- One single team of construction broking experts and the best results for our clients
- Local client advocacy and claims team
Construction insurance services
We can provide specialist advice on construction projects of every nature. Our core areas of expertise include:
- Annual contractor insurance programmes
- Principal controlled insurance programmes
- Project Finance – Private Finance Initiative (PFI) and public–private partnership (PPP) projects
- Lenders advisory services
- Major project insurance
- Environmental insurance
- Claims preparation and site risk protocols
Construction insurance solutions
- Contract Works: liability for accidental damage to or theft at the construction site.
- Professional indemnity and public liability essential insurance protection from liability for damage, injury or financial loss to third parties or property.
- Civil contractors’ insurance: We ensure contractors are not exposed to unfair liability outside their direct control.
- Advance consequential Loss: Our brokers work to ensure contractors retain indemnification against losses by third parties.
- Trade Credit and Surety:Mitigate credit risk exposure though trade credit insurance and surety bonds
- Defective products: Our brokers ensure product exclusion clauses are worded to limit liability.
- Cyber insurance: We have access to a range of solutions to protect your business from the impact of cyber risks and threats.