Hit enter to search or ESC to close

Personal insurance

iStock 818087910 uni care

Educational travel insurance

If you’re travelling to New Zealand to study, or leaving the country to continue your education overseas, insurance is essential. An educational insurance policy keeps you safe from the moment you leave your home until you return.

Uni-Care is part of Crombie Lockwood, and for over 25 years has been providing cost-effective insurance solutions to protect travellers. We keep international students covered during their academic travel experience in New Zealand, and kiwis well-protected when they fly the nest to study abroad. 

Who needs educational travel insurance?

All international students are required to have acceptable health and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand. Uni-Care’s student travel insurance exceeds the insurance requirements of the Education Code of Practice, and when taken out for the period of your stay, will ensure you meet Immigration New Zealand Student Visa insurance requirements.

New Zealand students traveling abroad also need to consider the coverage they need while studying in an overseas country.

Uni-Care understands that when you travel for study, work and sightseeing are just as important to your overseas experience. So, we have designed policies to protect against the unexpected when you’re outside the classroom as well.

What student travel insurance covers

It is important that students and their families are looked after should the unexpected happen. We provide:

  • cover during your travel to and from New Zealand, and during your stay here or abroad
  • qualifying medical care if you become ill or suffer an accident or injury
  • flights and care to get you home if you suffer a serious injury or illness
  • assistance with travel costs if family members are required to assist with looking after you and getting you home
  • cover for loss or damage of your personal effects
  • legal liability cover for accidental damage to property belonging to someone else.

About Uni-Care

Since 1996, Uni-Care has been protecting international students and visitors to New Zealand for study, work and holiday. Uni-Care has insurance plans  to cover :

  • international students studying in New Zealand 
  • international travellers who are visiting, working or temporarily living in New Zealand
  • international travellers who are visiting, studying, working or temporarily residing in Australia and/or New Zealand
  • New Zealand permanent residents travelling overseas

Contact Uni-Care

For a quote or to learn more about travel insurance for visitors, contact Uni-Care.