Nobody provides insurance to more film and TV productions in New Zealand than Crombie Lockwood. As the largest film insurance broker in the country, we offer the most comprehensive entertainment insurance packages available and cover both local and international co-productions.
Who we work with
We provide specialist expertise and customised covers for:
- camera operator
- film crew
- event organisers
Entertainment insurance solutions
Film and entertainment insurance is complex and some of the products are unique to this industry. We use our understanding of the industry and insurance markets to find and tailor cover that will best suit the needs of your local or international production. Solutions for events and productions, can include:
- Employer’s liability insurance to indemnify the production company against claims brought against them by employees following personal injury.
- Public liability insurance to indemnify the production company against claims for negligent acts, made by a third party for damage to property and for which the production company may be found liable.
- Statutory liability insurance can provide cover for legal costs in defending any prosecutions and also cover reparation orders for health and safety penalties.
- Errors and omissions insurance indemnifies the production company for claims arising from libel, plagiarism, copyright infringement, invasion of privacy etc.
- Fidelity guarantee insurance provides covers for loss of production funds due to fraud or embezzlement.
- Third party property damage indemnifies the production company for loss or damage to, or destruction of property or facilities of others.
- Pre-production and cast insurance indemnifies the production company against losses in case of accident, illness or death of specified cast members.
- Props, sets and wardrobe insurance.
- Equipment insurance
- Motor insurance
- Personal insurance for people working on a production who are often not employees
For event organisers we offer a range of solutions to protect risks related to event hosting including:
- Public liabilty insurance
- Event insurance
- Prize indemnity and hole in one insurance
- Pluvoius insurance – weather cover
Specialists in entertainment insurance
We understand the entertainment industry and know how to best package policies to give you the most coverage at the best rate. And when it comes to claims time we act for you.
Entertainment insurance from Crombie Lockwood means:
- a detailed evaluation of the specific risks and assets associated with your project
- a team of specialists for proactive advice and support
- comprehensive insurance designed exclusively for your production
- short term production insurance for productions on a project-by-project scale
- annual policies to cover all the projects you’re working on at once or multiple times throughout the year
- priority claims service